Writings

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Picture of the Day


     Before I start doing reviews on the many movies of Disney, I’d like to talk about an image that I took and how I feel that it connects to me on a personal level and the way it connects to how special Disney is to me.  The photo above is a double rainbow that appeared outside of my house that I was lucky enough to get a well-timed snapshot of.  I feel that the rainbow in the photo connects with me in that like every person, they are unique and colorful in their own way and that they stand out in a special way.  I know this might sound a little cheesy but, this really is how I feel about this photograph.

 I also felt that it connects with the Disney theme of my blog in that like a rainbow all of Disney films are truly unique and beautiful to look at and that in the darkest of times, any one of them can bring joy and happiness to those who need it.  This was especially true for me when my Grandfather passed away back in 2004, when I found out I was very depressed for several hours.  Not long afterwards I decided to watch The Jungle Book, the first Disney film I ever watched, and it cheered me very quickly.  Like a Rainbow, Disney will always hold a place in our hearts as something that can always be remembered as a source of happiness and a beautiful symbol that all can look at as source of inspiration for achieving their dreams.   Even though Disney is now a massive corporation with many departments, it has played a huge role in the lives of many people, especially through its hundreds of film animated or otherwise.  Is there an image you have that you connect with, if so feel free to leave a comment and let the world know.

Do you have a photograph that relates to you in a specific way, then feel free to leave a comment and let me know. 

Image Credit: Joe Sieber            

No comments:

Post a Comment